Monday, March 16, 2009

Trevor is having a very hard time with the sad news.

When we heard the sad news about Steve's Grandma, Christina wrote an e-mail to Trevor's special ed teacher & main teacher, so they knew what was going on. Trevor's special ed teacher Mrs. Patton called Christina a few hours ago. Trevor is really having a hard time with the news of his Great Grandma Edythe dieing. Trevor been sitting at his desk or having his head down & crying softly to himself. He hasn't gotten any work done. He is not focusing at all today. We can't blame him. We are really pushing for him to stay at school. Even if he gets nothing done today. We understand completely. The more we think about it, this is his first death with him being older. He will be 11 years old tomorrow. When Trevor was 1 year old Christina's Grandma (Trevor's great Grandma) died. Trevor was too young to understand. So his teachers are going to TRY to get him to stay at school today, even if does nothing. He has chorus after school. I asked Mrs. Patton to send the chorus teacher an e-mail explaining about what happened today. She said sure she would. I suggest maybe she get Trevor to talk to the school counselor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Trevor. My Grandmother died when I was 11 and it was very hard on me. Give TJ some hugs from me.

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Dragonflymom said...

I am really really sad to hear about how hard this is for Trevor, will keep him and all of you in my prayers.