Thursday, December 25, 2008

Hawaii (part 6) FINAL

We were able to fly out of San Fransisco. But plane took off late. So I was worried cause we only had one hour between flights. When we finally landed in Chicago we only had about 15 min till our next flight took off. I called my mom she was ready for me to call and told me our flight was 1 1/2 late. I was glad to hear that. Otherwise we probably wouldn't have made it to our plane on time. So we went and got something to eat. We went to our gate & waited. Then they closed the airport due to weather. It was snowy and icy. We didn't know if they would close it 5 min for rest of night. 6-7 hours from the time our plane flew into Chicago we finally were able to take off. We made it to North Carolina airport around 3:30 a.m on Christmas eve. So think about it been traveling since Sunday (that is 4 days). Only have the clothes we had on. Thank goodness we had hotel room for 2 nights. We could shower. But putting back on dirty clothes didn't made you feel that clean even though you had just taken a shower. I am so glad we made it to North Carolina, cause who knows how long we would have gotten stuck in Chicago, if we weren't able to get out. Christina's mom picked us up from the airport. Steve said to her Nancy I am so happy to see you and be here I could cry.
We leave late Friday, December 26 to drive back home (Virginia).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that you all made it out of the airports safely. I bet that Jasmine was very happy to see you all.((hugs))

Stephie